Sunday, July 3, 2011

Salt Lake City, UT

Unfortunately I don't have any super interesting bike news to report lately. There have been some long bike days for the riders though. Thursday afternoon we arrived in Salt Lake City and enjoyed a relaxing evening just chilling out and enjoying each others company. The next day we were given the day off, so the boys and I decided to explore a little bit of the city. We didn't really think that one through, seeing as I only has one functioning leg. We took the city's metro system down town and started walking/crutching around.
Our first stop was the Mormon temple square. I found it interesting from a history perspective. Mostly I was just grateful they had a wheel chair I could use. Then we went to lunch. After that we wondered around the mall for a little. It was a good relaxing day... For me. Because one can only travel so fast by by crutches, Blake and Patrick ended up carrying me around a lot. Blake actually carried me on his shoulders for several blocks. So I owe him a spa day when we get back. We were quite a scene.
Hopefully I will be able to put a fun video together of our experience that day soon.
The next pic is dedicated to pastor Jeff ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment