Sunday, June 12, 2011

Monroe, WA


This morning we woke up around 8 a.m., prepared for our ride, went to the service of the church who was hosting us, were given a wonderful potluck lunch, gave a short presentation and packed up all our stuff.  We set off from Seattle, WA about 2 and pedaled 36 miles to Monroe, WA.  
The ride was simply breath taking... literally ;).  It was a very pleasant and easy ride.  Seattle seems to have been built for bikers.  Half of today was spent on an actual bike trail.  The landscape is just amazing.  I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures from today, but most of the trip was up hill and I didn't feel too comfortable stopping.  However there is nothing that makes one want to sing God's praises more than biking towards those majestic mountains... though I'm sure I'll be singing God a little bit of a different song as we climb those mountains.
We were lucky enough to end our day only a mile from a YMCA where we got hot showers.  Currently we are staying at First Baptist Church here in Monroe.  The church cooked us a huge and delicious meal which we all consumed gratefully.  The boys and I are still in one piece... for the most part.  I seem to get a little clumsy when I'm tired and so right now my left leg is a little scratched up, but nothing serious.
Lots of love to all our friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment